We have a banana bread recipe that we used from craftbeer.com that will blow your mind! This recipe calls for beer and we thought– what better beer than the Damn Dirty Ape, our banana bread ale? Now, because Damn Dirty Ape can only be enjoyed in our taproom you can substitute this for a mellow beer like Sunspot or any beer without too much bitterness. The only part of the recipe that you could significantly taste the beer was in the frosting, however we 86ed the frosting and enjoyed the bread all by itself! Sunspot would be a good option because it has a banana aroma that would compliment the bread nicely. Click here to give the recipe a try yourself. We are going to try and post a recipe each week so keep an eye out for more tasty beer incorporated recipes!
1 3/4 cup AP flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
1/4 cup beer
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Make sure your rack is in the middle of the oven.
2. Grease a loaf pan with unsalted butter and make sure it’s fully covered so the bread doesn’t stick. You can also use baking spray.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
4. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs until frothy. Add the banana and melted butter and beer.
5. Mix so there are no big chunks of banana and then start adding the dry mix. Mix until incorporated and do not over-mix.
6. Fold in the walnuts with a spatula and then scrape into your prepared bread pan.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Be sure to rotate your bread about halfway through so it bakes evenly. Check the bread by using a toothpick and seeing if any liquid comes out when you poke the middle of the bread.
8. Enjoy 🙂