Do you have leftover candy you don’t know what to do with? Or maybe you just can’t pass up all the discounted post-Halloween candy in stores? Whatever the case may be, here’s a super easy (and super not low calorie) method to get rid of some of it, compliments of Pinterest. WARNING: after consuming you may want to put on your comfiest sweatpants and take a nap.
I took the easy route and bought pre-mixed brownie mix, but you can certainly substitute with your favorite from scratch brownie recipe.
WHAT YOU NEED:
-13 x 9 in. pan
-2 boxes of brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker Fudge)
-1/2 cup water OR better yet– substitute the water with Mr. Hyde, our Coffee Cream Stout, or Pain, our Imperial Cream Stout. DO IT!
-1 cup vegetable oil
-assorted chocolate candies– whatever variety you please.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Make sure your rack is in the middle of the oven.
2. Grease your 13 x 9 in. pan with either unsalted butter, shortening or baking spray. Whatever you prefer to get the job done.
3. Stir the brownie mix, eggs, water/beer & vegetable oil together until well combined and there aren’t any clumps.
4. Disperse half of the mix evenly into your 13 x 9 in. pan.
5. Place assorted chocolates into first layer of brownie mix. Try to space according to where you will cut the brownies.
6. Pour the remaining brownie mix on top of brownie/candy layer and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Check the brownies by using a toothpick and seeing if any liquid comes out when you poke the middle. Bake longer if needed.
8. Let the brownies cool for 10-15 minutes then cut & enjoy. I recommend cutting the brownies into smaller than usual pieces because they are very rich.
9. Indulge, share, nap… whatever ya gotta do.